#ChildofGod #TempleoftheHolySpirit

Ahhhhh....it has been a while... Once again life has been a whirl of activity and craziness. Excuses, excuses, I know...let's just dive right into the heart of it all.

1 Corinthians 3:16 "Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?"

When we look at our bodies in the light of this text there are so many things we realize we need to change. Do you take care of His temple? Do you neglect or abuse it? Do you look at yourself in disgust or complain about your body? God created you in His image, and as if that wasn't enough, He gave us the Holy Spirit to dwell in us! What a blessing to know the Spirit dwells within us. That God is busy renewing our hearts and our lives. Sinful man reconciled to god. The old testament people longed for what we have. If we look we can see what God is doing in us. Wow. Have you ever thought about your body that way before? Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and thought "I am a Child of God, my body is a temple for the Holy Spirit". What does that mean to you? When I think about that I am always amazed. This body that I complain about, that I talk negatively about is a temple for the Holy Spirit! Who am I to speak so negatively about God's creation and temple? But its more than that. I know I don't always take good care of my body. I don't exercise nearly enough, I tell myself I'm too busy, there's more important things to do. I don't eat right, because, yup, you guessed it, I'm too busy! But what does the Bible say to my excuses?

1 Corinthians 6: 20 tells us "You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."

I think it's clear that not only do we need to take care of our bodies but we also need to respect them and use them in a Godly manner. They are NOT ours. We need to eat and dress in a way that glorifies God. Drugs and alcohol are not the only way to abuse your body. Neglect, gluttony, lack of physical hygiene and exercise are also types of abuse. Think twice about what you do and don't do with your body. Remember who made you and how important you are. 
From The NorMel House, the moment we think we're doing good is the moment we need to take another look at ourselves

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dear child

#Angelbabies #Mothersday