Unshakeable Hope

Reading the book Unshakable Hope by Max Lucado and in the back there are study questions, one which asked "Which of these (God's) promises could combat the problem you're pondering today?" It led me to look up Rev 21:4 ("He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”) as this is one of God's promises that I cling to the most. I then wanted to look up the reference texts as I thought it was a quote from a different part of the Bible. I ended up looking up Isaiah 65:19, 20 and came across something I dont remember ever reading before and I just bawled. "I will rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress. No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed."

I'm not sure why I'm sharing this, maybe someone else needed to read those verses too. I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers my dear sisters in Christ. May you find comfort in God's Word.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dear child

#Angelbabies #Mothersday