Just reflecting

April has come and gone. Another week has passed, and life seems to have a new 'normal'. Nor is still working from home and we still avoid in person interaction with others where possible. Grocery shopping happens every 2-3 weeks, and we managed to go the entire month of April without needing gas for either car. Seems the money saved on gas has gone towards groceries instead though as our usual No Frills store had to take some precautions when an employee caught covid19. We've been hitting the fortinos instead, which costs a bit more but also means only one stop. It also has a lot more room so it's easier to keep your distance from others. We just enjoyed another game night with friends in the new 'style'. Zoom video chat and online games played with our cell phones. Not quite the same as all being under one roof but it's pretty fun anyways. It felt good to laugh and joke around again. Bit of a rough few days in the body department. It's been a while since I've had gushing nose bleeds so I guess I was overdue for them. Between that and a wicked ear infection my balance was definitely not what it should be. Im quite happy they seemed to have finally stopped. My dear Roxie seems even more over protective and jealous but at least I've got a faithful companion. She sticks to me all day and is generally found on or beside me. I don't know what this coming week will bring, I doubt the situation in the country will change too much before June but that's ok. I don't mind it for the most part. I had a nice Skype visit with a friend, a video chat with my parents, a long phone call with one of my sisters and played games with the other sister and some friends. I almost feel like a social butterfly with all the chit chat today lol. Introvert here, staying home all the time is what I typically do anyways.
On a different note, I think I may have finally decided on a tattoo. Need to make a few changes to the drawing but I think I've finally got my 'in memory of' tattoo planned. It may be a while before I can actually go get it done though as I doubt tattoo artistry is considered essential. Oh well. It's been 18 months since we lost little Petey, our 8th child, and it's taken me this long to figure out what to get so a little longer wont hurt.
I should probably sign off as it's well past our 'no tech' time so good night. May God guide you, grant a good night's rest and a blessed Sunday!
Mel of The NorMel House

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dear child

#Angelbabies #Mothersday