#renewal

God amazes me.

While walking and playing with the 'daytime kiddos' I've once again been blessed with seeing God's incredible creative power at work. Beautiful tulips, lilacs and more have once again pushed their way through the hardened earth to reach for the sun. Stunning and vibrant colors, soft and pastel colors; an amazing variety of beauty that only God can form. If you've read my previous posts you may remember my ability to garden is prevented by my body's aversion to plants, pollen, trees, grass, etc. Funny how my mind's eye is in awe and wonder at all these things, but my body reacts negatively. Satan tries to hamper our relationship with God in any way he can. I've always found my faith is renewed and my sense of God's presence is strongest when I'm surrounded by His amazing work in creation. The fact that these lovely flowers faithfully return every year reminds me that God is constant and faithful. His love never fails. I've stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon a few times now, and every single time I've been struck by an overwhelming sense of how great God truly is; man cannot begin to compare. There really is no artist like The Artist. But Satan doesn't like this. He tries to turn us from God, he tries to fill our minds with doubt and distracts us with the sin and sorrow of the world. Remain constant. When the mind and body fail us, when sorrow overtakes us, when you can't see the beauty for the scars remember He is always with us. The Heidelberg Catechism says it so beautifully in Q&A 21:

"True faith is a sure knowledge whereby I accept as true all that God has revealed to us in His Word.
At the same time it is a firm confidence that not only to others, but also to me, God has granted forgiveness of sins, everlasting righteousness, and salvation, out of mere grace, only for the sake of Christ’s merits.
This faith the Holy Spirit works in my heart by the gospel"

How can you not find comfort in this? No matter what I'm feeling, no matter what I'm going through I can be confident in the knowledge of God's grace. And even though my emotions and feelings may betray me, I know my Savior and God will not.

"I am not my own, but belong with body and soul, both in life and in death, to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from all the power of the devil. He also preserves me in such a way that without the will of my heavenly Father not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, all things must work together for my salvation.
Therefore, by his Holy Spirit he also assures me of eternal life and makes me heartily willing and ready from now on to live for him." (Heidelberg Catechism, Q&A 1)

God is working out my salvation. The entire Trinity is working for MY salvation. God has revealed Himself to us in His creation and all we need to do is repent and believe. If you look up these question and answers you'll find a host of scriptural references that will fill your heart with these comforts. Just a few of the passages you could study:
1 Corinthians 6:19 b "You are not your own"
Romans 14:8 b "whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's"
Matthew 10: 29-31 " Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
Romans 8 is also a great passage to check out.

I had started this post as a way to deal with overwhelming sadness, but once again God has shown me where to find my strength. I sincerely hope you seek God, you'll find Him in creation but you'll get to know Him through His Word. You may be faced with the pain of your sins but you'll find comfort in knowing His grace. 

Mel of the NorMel House

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dear child

#Angelbabies #Mothersday