Mercies anew

I close my eyes, basking in the gentle warmth of the sun
Its light kissing the surface of everything around me
The soft hum of cars passing by barely breaks the silence of the morning
And I am at peace.
Though the world is living in fear
Though the virus has put us all in isolation 
Though we know not what tomorrow brings
I find myself content.
Here in this moment, the sun wrapping me in a warm soft hug, in the quiet before the day begins, I find God.
It's as if He's sent this comforting sunshine to remind me of His unfailing love. 
Just as the sun is holding me, He holds me
And as the sun gives life, so He is the giver of all life 
I find peace and comfort in this moment
I'm thankful.
Thankful for this moment of calm before the day ahead
Thankful for the gentle reminder of God's grace
Thankful for the strength I find in Him
The day has begun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dear child

#Angelbabies #Mothersday